About Our Medical Director
Lloyd M. Krieger, MD is the founder and medical director of Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills. An Assistant Clinical Professor at the UCLA Division of Plastic Surgery, he has completed extensive research on how to make plastic surgery a more rewarding experience for patients. This academic work has led to the publication of more than 50 articles, including more than 20 in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the premier plastic surgery journal.
A sought-after lecturer by other plastic surgeons on this subject, he writes frequently for The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal and Barron’s. His work has won numerous awards including three research grants from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Society’s prestigious Sherrell J. Aston Award.
Dr. Krieger brings an impressive background to your plastic surgery experience:
- Undergraduate BA from Stanford University.
- MD from The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
- In medical school, he noticed that medical groups were not managed efficiently. For this reason, he took time out to earn an MBA at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
- He studied what other service industries did well for their customers, so that he could bring these concepts to the treatment of plastic surgery patients.
- Dr. Krieger was the first resident selected for UCLA’s highly coveted combined general surgery / plastic surgery residency.
- During his seven years training at UCLA, Dr. Krieger did extensive work in all areas of plastic surgery including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, microsurgery, burn surgery, craniofacial surgery and hand surgery.
- He also won the award for best UCLA resident research project, focusing on how to optimize the care of patients in plastic surgery practices.
- Dr. Krieger founded Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery to improve the care and experiences of plastic surgery patients.
- He maintains hospital staff privileges at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Northridge Hospital.