Ten Things Men Should Know About Plastic Surgery
1. Liposuction does not replace working out, but it definitely can remove fat from areas that exercise tends to miss (like the chest and love handles).
2. Your results from lipo will be best if you continue regular work at the gym after the procedure.
3. Calf implants and pec implants tend to migrate with time and have other problems. Better to use liposuction to sculpt the surrounding areas, and make the pecs and calfs appear more distinct.
4. Lipo cannot make your abs look like Schwarzenegger’s, but it can bring you close to where you were in college.
5. You will probably have better results from reshaping rather than lifting. This will give you a more chiseled and angular masculine look.
6. Even if you have wrinkles and sagging on your face, you probably do not need a facelift. In some cases, facelifts make men look feminized. Better to have a neck lift, brow lift, and work on the eyes.
7. A chemical peel, which can be done without general anesthetic, is not a “facial” and can get rid of fine lines, uneven tone, and blotchiness.
8. Botox is not only administered at parties. And it can erase wrinkles as well in men as in women.
9. You will probably be happiest with subtle changes, that make you look more refreshed and youthful, rather than dramatically altering your appearance.
10. You will have to set aside some time to recover from your procedure. Impatience leads to complications.
Information provided by Dr. Lloyd M. Krieger. Dr. Krieger is the founder and medical director of Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills, CA.
Reprinted from: http://www.applesforhealth.com/MensHealth/thimenplas5.html