Plastic Surgery for Latinos
RIO BEAUTY COMES TO RODEO DRIVE
More Hispanics are Opting for Cosmetic Surgery
Hispanics lead minority racial and ethnic groups undergoing cosmetic procedures (8.5% of all procedures performed, up from 6% in 2000), according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. At Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery in Beverly Hills, we are at the leading edge of this trend: Over 40% of our patients are Hispanic men and women. Our approach to plastic surgery for Hispanics is making news, having been featured on Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura, and Hispanic Business. Click here to view the media clips and read articles.
Here are some of the ways in which we try to help people of Hispanic origin seeking plastic surgery in Los Angeles:
- The majority of our patients who ask for the “The Rodeo Drive Mommy Makeover” are Hispanic women in their 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. The “Mommy Makeover” consists of a tummy tuck, sometimes with liposuction and a breast lift or a small breast augmentation to fill in the breast volume lost during pregnancy.
- Breast augmentations are in high demand among young Hispanic women, either as a single procedure or as part of the “Mommy Makeover.”
- Hispanic skin is generally thicker and less prone to wrinkling. Signs of aging tend to be sagging rather than the crinkled look found in people Northern European descent.
- Generally darker than caucasian skin, Hispanic skin is more prone to heavy scarring and uneven skin tone. Special approaches are necessary in procedures for Hispanic patients to avoid unsightly scarring and to preserve the skin tone. We offer our Rodeo Drive Scar Reduction Program to help people improve the appearance of scars created in surgery. We also offer our “silent scar” technique for breast augmentation in order to place the scar inconspicuously. We try to put extra sutures in the deep tissues to minimize tension on wounds since less tension usually helps improve the appearance of scars created in surgery.
- Hispanic women and men who opt for rhinoplasty frequently are concerned with keeping their ethnic identity, so our procedures enhance the face but do not erase ethnic origins.
- We often offer our Hispanic patients minimally invasive plastic surgery, such as Rodeo Drive Chin Rejuvenation, so we do not have to create large scars during surgery.
- Liposuction is in high demand by both Hispanic men and women. Our male patients ask for liposuction to eliminate love handles and achieve the look of a flat chest and washboard stomach. We specialize in plastic surgery for men and so we are seeing more and more Hispanic men seeking plastic surgery in Los Angeles.
Click here for more information from our Spanish-language web site.
For more information about plastic surgery in Beverly Hills – Los Angeles areas, contact us.