Plastic Surgery for Men
Men are turning to plastic surgery to feel better, look younger, and even help with their careers. But their bodies, goals, and temperaments are special. Men need unique procedures, done the right way. Men want a better defined, more angular shape on both their bodies and faces. They want to look youthful and vibrant, rather than “beautiful.” Plastic surgery for men is one of our specialties at Rodeo Drive Plastic Surgery. We understand men’s distinctive needs before, during and after surgery. We provide men with excellent experiences as we enhance their appearance and lifestyle.
Top Ten Things Men Should Know About Plastic Surgery
1. Liposuction does not replace working out, but it definitely can remove fat from areas that exercise tends to miss (like the chest and love handles).
2. Your results from lipo will be best if you continue regular work at the gym after the procedure.
3. Calf implants and pec implants tend to migrate with time and have other problems. Better to use liposuction to sculpt the surrounding areas, and make the pecs and calfs appear more distinct.
4. Lipo cannot make your abs look like Schwarzenegger’s, but it can bring you close to where you were in college.
5. You will probably have better results from reshaping rather than lifting. This will give you a more chiseled and angular masculine look.
6. Even if you have wrinkles and sagging on your face, you may not need a facelift. In some cases, facelifts make men look feminized. Better to have a neck lift, brow lift, and work on the eyes.
7. A chemical peel, which can be done without general anesthetic, is not a “facial” and can get rid of fine lines, uneven tone, and blotchiness. So can laser treatment.
8. Botox is not only administered at parties. And it can erase wrinkles as well in men as in women.
9. You will probably be happiest with subtle changes, that make you look more refreshed and youthful, rather than dramatically altering your appearance.
10. You will have to set aside some time to recover from your procedure. Impatience leads to complications.